My sincerest apologies for my late post on BRB, month one. I was out of the country, but I’m back and excited to share my insights with you. I have to say that I did fall slightly short of my intentions; giving up all social media was more difficult than I’d anticipated.
Here, I’ll give a short list of my own experiences absent from social media for one month:
1. Detached– The most instaneous feeling was how detached I felt from everything. I was out of the loop and clearly disconnected. Cut off, I had increased time to focus on what I avoid most- me.
2. Loneliness – I’ve had to deal more honestly with my recent loneliness. I’m learning to understand that alone doesn’t have to be lonely. More imperative, is how I choose to spend my alone time and how those choices will effect my future.
3. Uninterrupted thoughts– Normally, I have a million thoughts running through my head. None of which are given my full attention. Lately, I’ve had more time to focus and actually think my thoughts through. I also have more complete conversations with God.
4. Growth in Relationships– I’ve come to understand myself more intimately. I try not to beat myself up as much about shortcomings. I’m learning to learn, grow, and move forward. I talk a lot more to God and it’s not so much a chore as it previously was. I enjoy his input on everything that has to do with my life.
5. More Time– I dedicate more time to reading, discovering life through God, and developing my writing!
These discoveries have only been after one month of BRB! If you’re just now tuning in to the challenge, I invite you to jump in and join this journey with me! I’d love to hear about your experiences.